Sunday, November 16, 2008

God and Guns

It's Sunday morning and the weather went from 85 degrees yesterday down to about 70 today! Marissa is in the living room playing Guitar Hero while Munchkin is dancing and eating a banana, which he will only eat with the peel on.. Anyway I am taking the few minutes of quiet I will get today to read e-mail pay some bills and check my much neglected Myspace. So I come across these "Bumper stickers" ; small graphics with unusual, cute, funny , and sometimes depressing sayings....I browsed a few pages of them stopped dead when I saw one in particular... It scared the crap out of me..
I am not sure why it scared me.. Maybe imagining what type of person would have this mindset. Then I thought Lora! My older sister is a staunch republican and could not stand the thought of Obama getting into office. She was happy with Bush so why make waves. Now I must say I do not know her stand on guns but somehow I could just see her smiling while reading this. And then I came across THIS....
Now that is scary .. Obama the Antichrist???? Now I like to think I am pretty open to other peoples views but the thought of gun toting fanatics thinking Obama is the Antichrist wow.. this is just too much! And just what makes people believe he's the Antichrist? Is the fact that America voted in a black man that hard to digest? Is it the fact that he wants to change the mess that the republicans created?
From the looks of things he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. If things get better.. well the bible said it would ( at least for 7 years)...and if they don't then he is just another power hungry politician who duped us into thinking he wanted change. I suppose if there were to be a bright spot in all of this.. it will be that we will have 7 years of economic growth and world peace! Which is more than what we had with Bush...
Hmm well this just makes me more curious about the whole mindset of these people .. I think I will call Lora ..

1 comment:

  1. alright ... so there you are ...
    hope all for them are still giving you plesent company and keeping you never bored .....

    ReplyDelete