Sunday, June 10, 2012

Long overdue

So, I have moved to the next phase of my life.. both figuratively and physically!  It feels good.. I moved to a small town just one county away from where I was, and couldn't be happier. The schools are great... neighbors are friendly.. and I am 5 minutes from work.  I am slowly and cautiously meeting new people.. Marissa is flourishing.. she met a new friend and they get along wonderfully.
I have also filed for child support for my littlest angel, Joaquin. It isn't being paid.. but I knew that it wouldn't be.  Within hours of the judges decision,  Jack called me to ask about relinquishing his parental rights.   It was the very thing that kept me from asking for support for so many years... now.. well it is what is.. at least until Joaquin is older and begins to ask questions.  Sigh.. I am not looking forward to that.. but I will handle it as gently as possible... For now.. he is a happy, loved, and well adjusted 4 year old. He asks for his daddy but is content with knowing that daddy is very busy but loves him with all his heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment